Saturday, August 2, 2008

TENOR NILS BROWN WANDERS THROUGH ITALY! - Venice

(VENICE, ITALY) If all goes as planned, Yours Truly is going to be filmed by award-winning director Anny Carraro on a romantic gondola ride with the gorgeous tenor, Nils Brown, who is currently on tour here in Italy. A modern-day wandering minstrel, he makes his home in Montreal, Canada.

Nils Brown has performed with the American Bach Soloists (San Francisco), the Boston Handel and Haydn Society, L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal, Opera de Montreal, Opera de Quebec, the Baltimore Symphony, L’Orchestre Symphonique de Quebec, the Smithsonian Chamber Players, Chicago’s Music of the Baroque, the Portland Baroque Orchestra, the Vancouver and Edmonton Symphonies, the Calgary Philharmonic, Tafelmusick, the Jacksonville (Florida) and Newfoundland Symphonies, and the Florida Orchestra, among many others, as well as with many important choral societies and early music groups throughout North America. He can be heard on the labels ASV Gaudeamus, Analekta, Naxos, Newport Classics.

I wish I could say that Anny wanted me for my brilliant acting ability, but she really just wants my red hair.

You regular readers will remember that I've mentioned Anny before. Last year she won:

Best International Director (Documentary)- Anny Carraro for Impossible Venice, which is a film about that Impossible Venetian, the artist, Ludovico de Luigi. To give you an idea how Anny's brain works, once Ludovico and I had a huge row. I told Anny about it, and the first thing she said was, "I wish I had been there! I need that scene!" I replied, "Well, you're just going to have to hire actors to reenact it because I'm not going through it again." Oh, directors! They say writers are strange, but directors are truly... unique. I should know. I was married to one.

Now that I think about it, visual artists are the most bizarre, even stranger than musicians -- and I've known my share of musicians, from a wide range of genres, from classical to rock. Once in Los Angeles, I was with a group at a Chinese restaurant that included the drummer, Jim Keltner (he and his wife, Cynthia lived down the block -- in fact, Cynthia is in the Acknowledgments of Harley, Like a Person -- she was one of my very first readers). As Jim watched the food go round and round on one of those spinner things they have in the center of the tables in the restaurants in Chinatown in LA, he said, "You Hollywood people are so strange." That, coming from the mouth of the drummer for John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Eric Clapton, etc.! It really makes you think just how strange creative types must seem to the rest of the world if we think each other is strange!

Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting Nils Brown, even if he is a tenor:)

Studio AC
Company Profile Credits
 Studio AC S. Croce 2239
30135 Venezia
Tel: 0415242571
Fax: 0415242571
Cell: 3462251747
Categories: Production companies
send a message invia un messaggio

Studio AC is located in Venice/Italy, established 2002 as a one-woman firm; founder Anny Carraro is a multilingual director/writer/researcher. External collaborations with director of photography and postproduction studio. Branch office in Munich/Germany. The company can cover all phases of documentary filmmaking. Main subject is Venice. Large archive of observational footage material. The company is investing in the production of four new documentaries in progress.

More details in the future.

Ciao from Venice,
Cat

No comments: